If you have a moment to yourself here or there, Macaroni Kid Stork has created a helpful round-up of books for pregnant moms and new parents.
- Prepare To Push, written by Kim Vopni, talks about the need to prepare the body for birth and recovery by engaging and restoring your core. This book combines specificity (a term that describes an exercise program that leads to a particular outcome) with the support of a doula so that women have enough information and body awareness for a more comfortable pregnancy and recovery. Prepare To Push blends a mind-body approach to pregnancy, birth and postpartum healing.
- The No-Cry Sleep Solution for Newborns: Amazing Sleep from Day One – for Baby and You was field-tested by families with newborns. It makes a perfect gift for exhausted parents and offers simple but powerful ways to create the foundation for awesome sleep. The author, Elizabeth Pantley, created The No-Cry Solution series of books. She helps new moms (and dads) identify baby’s sleep disruptors, teaches them how to create a sleep-inducing environment, and sets the stage for great sleep throughout babyhood.
- There are many parenting books and guides out there that showcase what to expect, and try to educate new parents, but few offer the very real, fresh, and funny perspective Alison Wong, author and creator of New Mom Comics, provides with her book. New Mom Comics: The First Year is based on her own experience as a new mom, so her comics touch on everything from blowouts to breastfeeding with wit and humor. It’s easy to relate to this book, and it’s a great new mom/new baby or baby shower gift!
- Fitness instructor extraordinaire Jillian Michaels has a new book out called Yeah Baby. It’s the modern mama’s guide to mastering pregnancy, having a healthy baby and bouncing back better than ever. In the book, Jillian, along with her team of top-notch experts, arm expecting and new moms with the most cutting-edge information available to help them make the right choices for them and their little ones. This includes understanding the check-ups, tests and treatments their doctor recommends and offers solutions for issues from heartburn and swollen feet to more serious medical conditions.
- Part of My Heart is a wonderful story that a mother can read to her child during pregnancy or when she’s holding her little one in her arms. It tells the emotional truth of how a new baby is made and what a child means to the parents. It's also one of iBooks' all-time bestsellers.